The Marrakech Biennale is a festival with the mission to build bridges between the cultures through the arts.
We inspire outstanding artists from all over the world to create work that responds to the magical environment of Marrakech.
The Marrakech Biennale, founded in 2004, is a celebration of creativity in a city that has been the focus of artistic exploration for centuries; a gathering of arts enthusiasts who organize stimulating conferences, interactive events and world-class exhibitions.
• to strive for artistic excellence and intellectual rigour
• to be sensitive to the local context
• to engage with all forms of artistic expression
• to prioritise support for the local economy
• to provide an equal platform for all independent artists regardless of their country of origin
• to support people regardless of origin or Gender
• to provide a collaborative platform for local, regional and international debate
• to maintain charitable status and remain independent of state or commercial interests